When you think about gifting, you likely think of birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions with friends and loved ones. Truth is, sending gifts is common in the business world as well.
Business gifting (or corporate gifting, as it is also called) is the practice of sending gifts to business partners, clients, employees, and other stakeholders. It is an effective way to show appreciation and strengthen business relationships.
When sending corporate gifts, it’s important to be thoughtful and strategic. Here are five tips to improve your business gifting strategy:
1. Gift More Often
Many people associate sending and receiving gifts with the holidays. An easy way to improve your business gifting strategy is by sending thoughtful gifts at other times throughout the year. Here are some additional occasions to consider:
- A company/client anniversary
- Change in season
- Special accomplishments or awards
- Thank you for help on a project
- Or, just because
2. Send Gifts That People Can Share
Sometimes, the best business gifts are ones that people can share with their colleagues. They allow you to spread appreciation and thoughtfulness even further.
Cookies, brownies, and other baked goods are always great options when you want to send a shareable gift. For a group or team gift, consider purchasing a large gift basket full of everyone’s favorite baked treats.
3. Make Your Gifts Memorable
When sending corporate gifts, it’s important to make sure they are memorable and show your appreciation and effort. Memorable business gifts can benefit your company in many ways:
- Increased customer loyalty
- Boosted leads and sales
- Referrals from clients
- Improved relationships
In addition to sending high-quality products such as cookie gift baskets, you can make your gift memorable by adding the recipient's company name or logo. This added personalization will help your gift make a lasting impression and strengthen your relationship.
4. Budget Accordingly
When business gifting, it’s easy to want to purchase lavish gifts that show clients and employees just how much they mean to you. There’s nothing wrong with sending a lavish gift, just make sure that you manage your business gifting budget so that you can send multiple gifts throughout the year and for different occasions.
5. Do Your Research Beforehand
Before sending business gifts, it’s important to research your recipients and understand any gifting policies they have. Here are some things to consider:
- Industry: certain businesses, such as financial institutions, may restrict the type and size of gift their employees can accept.
- Size: if you are working with a team, determine the size of the group so you can purchase a gift basket that all can enjoy.
- Location: purchase a business gift that corresponds to where the recipient is located. For example, a gift basket with hot cocoa and cookies may be a good option for people in the north during autumn and winter.
- Dietary Restrictions: if purchasing baked goods for a group, include some gluten free options for anyone with dietary restrictions.
Business gifting is an effective way to show your appreciation for business partners and build strong, long-lasting relationships. When sending a gift, it’s important to select something that is thoughtful and memorable. That’s where Tate’s Bake Shop can help.
Our business gifting service helps you select the perfect gift, regardless of the occasion and time of year. Send a great gift to your clients today.